Posts

Friday, October 30, 2015

Humility

Hello World!!
Well its good to be back on the blog.
I'm so grateful to be here in Canada on my mission. It has already brought me so many blessings and I have learned so much.
Each week I am able to pick something that I want to work on, whether it be a certain lesson, technique, or Christlike attribute. Last week I chose to work on Humility.
Humility is probably the hardest and easiest to be misunderstood attribute. There is a popular quote that says, "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less." It is entirely possible to be humble and self confident. Too many people believe that to be humble they have to put themselves down.
In Alma 37:6-7, in the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, we read about the teachings of the prophet Alma to his son Helamen he said, "Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
“And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.”
When we put our faith and trust in the Lord we will be given the strength to work miracles. In strength of the Lord we will be able to do all things. He has the power to do all things. When we are humble, He is able to work through us. Be humble. Trust in the Lord. Watch what happens when you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment