Posts

Friday, September 11, 2015

My Call to Serve.

So I'm back! I know its been a while. On August 5, 2015 I received my call to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have been called to labor in the Canada Winnipeg Mission. I report to the Provo MTC on September 30, 2015.
I have had a lot of mixed feelings upon opening my call. Many of my family and friends guessed that I would serve in South America or out in the Pacific somewhere. Pretty much the guesses were:
1. Warm
2. I would stand out as a Redhead
3. Foreign
I only got one of those. I was with the majority of guesses in my own thoughts. So when I read Canada Winnipeg it sounded strange. I knew I was called by an apostle of Christ and that Canada was were I was supposed to go, it just seemed foreign compared to the guesses I had received and the thoughts I had been having.
So now I'm 19 days from entering the MTC and I know that Canada Winnipeg is were I am supposed to be going. I know and I have been called by an apostle. I was so disappointed in myself for not having a great spiritual confirmation when I opened my call or even that night as I prayed. It has taken weeks of study, searching, and seeking to have the confirmation I was seeking.
My heart is filled with a great love for the people of Canada and for those that I will go and serve. I am so excited that I have been chosen to represent my Savior Jesus Christ. As inadequete as I feel at times I know that through His help and strength I will be strengthened to be the best I can be. I know He lives, I have felt the power of His atonement in my life. I know He loves each and everyone of us and as we rely on Him, He will help us in any situation we find ourselves in.
I'm not going on a mission in 19 days. I am simply expanding the one I've already been serving. I've been a missionary my whole life, now I will get to share that all day everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment