Posts

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Love Part 2

Hey-o!
So Valentines Day is upon us tomorrow! There are two major times of the year when love is spoken of more than other times: Christmas and Valentines Day.
I've posted about Love once before and you can see that post here.
As we read in Matthew 22:36-39 
" 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 38 This is the first and great commandment.
A simple purple graphic with a green word cloud over the top, including words such as hope and love. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
Love is the greatest commandment. If we truly love those around us then we will always see them the way that our Saviour and our Father in Heaven sees them. 
I think it was put best by President Thomas S. Monson in his talk in the April 2014 General Conference. His talk is titled: Love -- the Essence of the Gospel. 
I know that as I have shown greater love for those around me I have in turn felt greater love. The love of Christ is something so incredibly powerful. It has changed my life and I know it can change yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment