Posts

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Happiness

Hi-ya!!
So I wasn't going to post today but then one of my favourite quotes came to my mind.
Its from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It was said by Professor Dumbledore, he said, "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light."
I absolutely love this quote!!
There is so much happiness that can be found in turning on the light and turning to Christ.
Christ Himself many times says that He is the light of the world. In John 8:12 it says,
"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light‍ of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk‍ in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
A photograph of a sunset at the beach, combined with a quote by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: “With Christ, darkness cannot succeed.”
Christ is the Light. He is the one that will bring true happiness into our lives. Darkness cannot over come light. A single ray of light can change a completely dark room.
There has been a metaphor of life that I particularly love. Why? Well it has to do with my favourite flowers.
Sunflowers are interesting flowers. They literally follow the sun in the sky all day. They do this so that they can absorb the most sun as possible.
We should be like the sunflowers, and continually follow Christ. As we do so greater light and happiness will come into our lives.
So going back to the quote; it can now read, "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn to Christ."
I know that it is through Christ that I have been able to find true happiness in life. It hasn't been easy by any means, but through Christ it has been possible. I know that the Light of Christ is real, and that it can touch hearts and change people.

No comments:

Post a Comment