Posts

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Saviour, Redeemer

Hi-ya!
I hope all has been well with you this week! 
I just wanted to share some quick thoughts today about Christ. Also, I was asked to give a talk today, so thats a little bit of it! ;) 
One of my favourite songs is Saviour, Redeemer of My Soul (Hymn 112)
The first verse is particularly special to me the lyrics read:
"1. Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel. "
I love the third line about Christ raising us up. It reminds me of one of my favourite scripture stories. About Christ walking on the water, and Peter going to Him. 
This story is found in Matthew 14: 22-33
I won't quote the whole thing, its far to long, but I just wanted to highlight Peter's reaction to Christ, and then the world around Him. 
Verses 28-29 read, " 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus."
When Peter saw Christ, He had faith to follow Him, even to take the steps he needed to to reach Him. However, verse 30 says, " 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me."
As Peter took his eyes off of Christ, he became afraid. But verse 31 teaches us something absolutely incredible. It says, " 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"
Christ IMMEDIATELY stretched forth His hand. Peter didn't have to wait for Christ. He was already right there to help him and to save him. 
Christ is there for each one of us. Always and forever. His wondrous power will raise us up. In a world that is always changing, isn't it incredible to know that Christ will NEVER change? He will never leave us, and He will always be there to lift, guide, guard, and protect us. I know this is true. I know that I have only been able to accomplish what I have because of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment