Posts

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Heading Down the Path of Life

Hi there!
I'm pretty excited to post today! :) Its just been a glorious day!

So today I wanted to share some thoughts I had while listening to a talk with my wonderful companion in the car. :) (Super fun eh?)
This talk has been kind of eyeopening for me. In it the speaker was describing how the limitations we have are the ones we place upon ourselves.
This really hit home.
There are many things that I know that I want to accomplish in life, many things I know I can accomplish in life, and many fears I have in working to accomplish them.
This has lead to me to think of one of my favourite scripture heros, Ammon the son of Mosiah.
Ammon was one of the greatest missionaries there ever was. At the end of his mission we are able to find out why it is that he was blessed with so much success in his work.
Alma 26:11-12 reads, "11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." 
That is the key! We have to know how we can accomplish our hopes, dreams, and desires. It is by the help of our Saviour Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven.
All of us have these hopes, dreams, and desires. There are many "limitations" placed on us based how who we are, where we live, even how we dress. But I know that it is possible to achieve all that we set out to achieve as we turn to God and Jesus Christ. 
An image of a map combined with a photo of fall trees and a quote by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: “God doesn’t care … as much about where you have been as He does about where you are … willing to go.”
Will it still be hard? For Sure!!
But it will be possible and it will be worth it. :)
Never give up on your dreams! And never forget that Heaven is on your side! I know that I would only be where I am today by the help of Christ. I know that His power is real and can truly give us the strength that we need to do all that we are called upon to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment