Posts

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Nearer My God to Thee

Hi there!!
I hope you have had a fabulous day! Because today has sure been fabulous here! :)
And if not I hope your day gets better!

On Sunday my wonderful companion and I had the opportunity to sing with a primary girl at our church service. We chose the song Nearer My God to Thee. Which is a favourite of mine. :)
I love the lyrics of this song, and especially in the third verse as it says,
 There let the way appear,
Steps unto heav'n;
All that thou sendest me,
In mercy giv'n;
Angels to beckon me
Nearer, my God to thee,
Nearer, my God to thee,
Nearer to thee!

I love the power in this verse. That angels are beckoning us towards God and towards Christ. It made me think of this quote from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland in this last April Conference (you can get the link HERE

An image of a child running combined with a quote by Elder Holland: “Keep trying. … Heaven is cheering you on.”
This quote really touched me. Heaven is cheering us on.
I know that I have felt the power of heaven cheering me on in my life. There have been times when I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to take one more thing. 
Or I didn't think my family could take one more hit. 
And yet, we made it. 
Each and every time. 
BECAUSE
Heaven Cheered Us On. 

I testify that it can be the same for each of you. God is no respecter of persons. He loves each and everyone of us as His son or Daughter and He will bless us as we draw nearer to Him.  



No comments:

Post a Comment