Posts

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Truth, Tap, and my Foundation.

Hi-ya!!

So thoughts, and lots of them!!
I have been thinking a lot about how the Holy Ghost works with us and for us.
The power of the Holy Ghost is incredibly powerful.
One of the main roles of the Holy Ghost is to teach us what is true. He helps us better know the way that our Father in Heaven would have us go.

In the Book of Mormon the last prophet, Moroni, as his closing testimony to us states, " And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

This scripture has come to mean a lot to me in my life. I know that the Holy Ghost has been able to teach me the truth of ALL things. It is only through the Holy Ghost that I am able to stand daily and bare witness of the love that our Saviour Jesus Christ has for each of us. 

But what is so wonderful about it is that the Holy Ghost will help us in many simple ways as well. When I was attending University, I was taking a tap class. I love dancing! But I had never taken tap or done a tap dance before. I could pretend, but it was terrible! Towards the end of the semester we were learning a new combination, and I was struggling with it. I could not for the life of me figure it out. So I prayed. I asked my Heavenly Father for help in being able to do the combination. The next day, I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong and how it was that I needed to fix it, in order to be able to do the combination. 
It seems like such a little thing, but it has meant the world to me. To know that in the simplest of things, God cares and will help in every way. 

This experience has helped me solidify my testimony and foundation of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The prophet Helaman said, "...remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation;..."

A photograph of a pier combined with a quote by President Thomas S. Monson: “We can fortify our foundations of faith … so that we will not falter.”

I know that my testimony of the Saviour has been helped so much and it has come through the Holy Ghost teaching me the truth. And that because it happened for me, it can happen for everyone. God's love is REAL and we can learn of it through the Holy Ghost as we build our foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment