Posts

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Reasons for Hope

Hi there!!! :)

So the last couple of weeks, my companion and I have had some interesting encounters with several individuals. Many times over this scripture has come into my mind; 1 Peter 3:15

"15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

This scripture has come to mean a lot to me. Especially as I am sharing the gospel each and every day. 

We have to be ready and prepared to show and share what we believe. One night while my companion and I were walking a man stopped us, to talk, which rarely happens! It was a miracle! We were really able to help him and brighten his day. When we called and talked with him a couple of days later, he said that things had really changed around for him. 

Well, a HUGE miracle occurred! Last night again while we were walking around and talking with people, we met the same man! He said something very touching, "If you ever wonder if what you do matters or changes people, know that it helped to change me." 

In the smallest of ways, with the simplest of testimonies we are able to stand as witnesses and disciples of our Saviour, Jesus Christ and help lift our brothers and sisters around us. 
A silhouette of a man walking along a coastline, with a text overlay quoting Elder Neil L. Andersen: “These are your days—to stand strong.”
It is your turn to take a stand and to give the reason for your hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment