Posts

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Road Life

Hello again!!

I am SOooo sorry I have been terrible at blogging lately! But I promise I am still alive and kicking!
So I actually wasn't going to post today.... eeek! haha but then a thought came to my mind, so I'm going to run with it and see how it goes! Please bear with me and don't judge me to harshly because of it. :)

So I've posted a lot in the past about the decisions we have in life, choices we make, and how things change over time.
My thoughts today come in part from those previous thoughts, and also the check points a long the way.
Our Heavenly Father gives us many things to guide us a long our path of life. Like street signs they point us in the direction that we want to go. And if we follow them will be blessed to reach our destination.


These streets signs are only one point of the equation though. Without a map or a destination they are meaningless. We will get somewhere, and we may seem some beautiful sights a long the way,  But with out knowing where we are headed we'll just be stuck.

Sometimes in our life, we come to a screeching halt. Where we have the opportunity to reevaluate and check our progress.  

SO what? What does this have to do with anything?? 
What are the tools that our Heavenly Father has given to us to use? 
Our map is the scriptures, the street signs are prayers, church attendance, and the personal revelation we receive. 
What our destination is ultimately tells us how we use the tools we've been given. If our desire is to return to our Heavenly Father then we are going to search our map and find the best way possible there. If we are simply desiring to go to the dump, we don't even need the map. We might as well follow the crowd. 
An image of a young woman reading the scriptures, coupled with a quote by Elder L. Tom Perry: “The choices you make will make all of the difference.” We can accomplish great things in the service of our God, and as we follow His guidance we will truly be able to do great things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment