Posts

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Patience

Hey Everyone!
So I've been thinking a lot about patience lately, and how I am severely lacking in it. My mission call was assigned last Friday, and I have been going crazy, longing, hoping, praying, and wishing for it to get here. Yet, its still not here.
Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel is all about developing Christ-like attributes. In there it says, "Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious. It is the ability to do God’s will and accept His timing. When you are patient, you hold up under pressure and are able to face adversity calmly and hopefully. Patience is related to hope and faith—you must wait for the Lord’s promised blessings to be fulfilled.". 
I had never realized how patience was connected to hope and faith. I've known it was waiting and trusting in the Lord's timing but it had never clicked that, doing that was having faith and hope. 
The most important aspect about patience in this chapter, I think, is where it says, "You must be patient with all people, yourself included...". I tend to have more patience with other people. I tell myself that I don't know what they are going through and that I need to be patient with them. Whit myself, I know exactly what I'm going through and yet, I don't give myself the time I need to work through and overcome challenges. 
Being patient is hard. But I know that when I am patient and when I simply trust in the Lord's timing I am blessed beyond measure. I have found that I would not have understood or accepted what it was that I was told or given, if I had been told or given that thing, when I wanted it. The Lord knows whats best for each of us. We need to trust that. Trust Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment