Posts

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Trials!

Hey there!!!
I've been thinking a lot about is the different trials we all face. A big trial I face is doubt. Doubting my decisions, whether its the Holy Ghost or just my own thoughts, and pretty much anything else. I have a hard time going on less than 100% knowledge.
There is an experience I would like to share. In July 2011 I was able to participate in a trek with my stake. I was so excited! It was going to be the best week ever. As it got closer and closer I got anxious about which family I was going to be placed in. There was a certain couple from my ward that I absolutely adored and I wanted more than anything to be in their family. I was very that first morning to discover that I had been placed in that family and to also have been made sister with a best friend from school and a role model of mine. This week was looking up.


As a family we were given 2 five gallon jugs, one for water and the other for Gatorade. Early the first day we finished our Gatorade and filled the jug back up with water. We continued on our way, thinking nothing of it.
After a time, we realized we had taken the wrong path and had to backtrack 1.5 miles to get back to where we needed to be. By this time it was late in the afternoon, we had been up since 4 am, walked extra miles, and were out of Gatorade.
It was so hard. We weren't going to make it. Ma brought some water to my sisters and me at the front of the car, grateful we quickly passed it around. But didn't get very far. Because we were not drinking water. The water bottle we had been given was full of Gatorade.
We pulled over to the side of the trail and opened up our jug. We saw it filled with Gatorade. It was the most glorious sight to behold. At that moment, we gathered together and Pa said a prayer of gratitude. We were so grateful for this miracle in our lives.
Even though it has been 4 years since this experience, The strength of the Spirit that I feel has now dimmed. I know that miracles are real. God blesses His children with what they need when they need it. He loves us so much. And while it may be hard sometimes it is always worth it. The trials we experiences will bring us so much joy.
Ether 12:6 teaches us"ye receive now witness until after the trial of your faith." I know the witness will come. With faith and patience all will be well and it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment