Posts

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!!

Hey Y'all!!
I wanted to get one more post in before Christmas, so bear with me!!!
If you haven't been able to tell from my other posts, or even just by knowing me, Christmas is truly one of my most favourite times of the year. Second, only to Easter.
These two times of the year are so incredibly magical. Most everyone is focused in on their Saviour, Jesus Christ. People are kinder, more humble, and just all around more Christlike.
A view of several luminarias on Temple Square at Christmastime, the one in the front depicting the Nativity scene.But the trouble is always after. The big question as the New Year begins is: How can I keep this feeling all year round?
It truly is so hard to keep the same feelings of love and kindness to our fellow men, when we are out soaking up the sun in July.
But it shouldn't be.
I propose a way that we can keep the spirit and love of Christmas with us year round:
1. Get a picture of Christ,
2. Put it somewhere you will see it everyday,
3. Place a jar with a pad of paper and a pen nearby,
4. EVERYDAY before you go to bed write down one thing you either saw or did that reminded you of the Saviour.

I know that doing this will help you keep the spirit of Christmas with you as you make focusing on Christ a priority in your life. We should never be far from the Spirit we feel when we think of our Saviour.
Remember: it is not about the presents, but His Presence.
I hope you have a safe and Merry Christmas, and may you keep that Spirit with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment