Posts

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Faith Roller Coasters!!

Hello again!!
It is always so refreshing to post on the blog! :) (Also Spring finally decided to come to Saskatoon!)
Anyways, I wanted to post a little bit today about something that has been talked a lot about recently in my mission.
The Trial of Faith!
Its so rough! Life is so full of ups and downs. There are mountains to climb. Every. Single. Day. And sometimes it just gets to be to much!
But there is much to be learned in the ups and downs of life. Even in my relatively short life I have been able to learn so much from the trials that I have faced.
There are a couple of scriptures I love when it comes to trials of faith. The first one is in the Book of Mormon. In Ether 12:6 which says,
" And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."
Wow!! Moroni's testimony is so powerful! We need to continually have faith that God is leading us in the right direction. Even when we can't see the end result. The trial of our faith will pay off in the end, with more blessings than we will be able to count!
The second scripture I love is actually from one of my favourite stories! :) I love the prophet Joshua! He is so amazing! He had such big shoes to fill coming after Moses! And yet, we are able to see how he was able to trust in God and lead the children of Israel to the promised land. There is one story in particular that I like when he is about to lead them across the river Jordan.
This is probably one of the largest trust exercises in the history of the world. But in Joshua 3:13 it says,
" 13 And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear the ark of the Lord, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of Jordan, that the waters of Jordan shall be cut off from the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand upon an heap."
They had to actually GET IN THE WATER before God would stop the waters and make it so they could cross.
I know that it is hard. And I know that my trials have been no where near many of yours. But I also know that God WILL bless us as we turn to Him in faith and with trust that there are blessings to come. Christ will help us along the way.
Matthew 18:1–11, Christ sits with a young child
Have faith, carry on, see miracles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment