Posts

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Joy and Peace!

Hi There!
Sorry I've been terrible at posting lately! I'll try to be better!! :)


So I was reading today I and found a scripture passage that I discovered I really love!
This scripture is in the book of Alma. Its Alma 36: 17-21,
"17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
 18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
 21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy."

While it is a little lengthy I love it!! I love the story of Alma, the Younger. He changed sooo much in order to become who God needed him to be. He truly used the Atonement for all that it could be used for.
An image of tall grass in the sunlight, covered by a text overlay quoting Elder M. Russell Ballard: “Peace can replace guilt.”And he was able to have such an incredible experience with it.
I really love how he said that there was nothing in comparison to his pain; excepting the  JOY that he was able to feel because of Christ and His atonement.
There is so much Joy and Peace that will come as we use the atonement of Jesus Christ. He wants us to turn to Him and rely on Him. BECAUSE He wants to give us this joy.
I know that I have been able to receive so much joy in my life only because of Christ. I know that the atonement works. And I know that like Alma I can be changed. And YOU can be changed as well! This is a promise that God has given each and everyone of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment