Posts

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Equality and Obedience

Hi there!!
So sorry once again that it has been a while since I have posted. Sometimes I have to many things that I want to post that I never actually get any of them posted... Awkward.... haha :)

I wanted to share my thoughts a little bit about a scripture I read recently. I think it has answers to questions that we ask, especially now-a-days.
The scripture is Alma 28:13 it reads, "13 And thus we see how great the inequality of man is because of sin and transgressionand the power of the devil, which comes by the cunning plans which he hath devised to ensnare the hearts of men."
I was really touched when I read this verse. I started to think about how unfair life is. As my dear sweet mother reminded me often as a child. 
In many, if not most, cases of life being unfair or of there being inequality, whether supposed or not, I began to notice a pattern of truth that lead me back to this verse of scripture. 
Inequality follows sin and transgression. 
Inequality follows the plans of the devil.         A photograph of a compass combined with a quote by President Boyd K. Packer: “We must choose who to follow.”
Inequality is not part of the Lord's plan. 
God has a great desire to bless each and everyone of His children. And as we read in Doctrine and Covenants 130:20-21, " 20 There is lawirrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
 21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated."
God's desire to bless, guide, help, and direct us is always there. But it is only as we are obedient that we are able to receive those blessings. It is only by truly following God and His Son Jesus Christ that we are able to find peace in this life.
I know I have been able to find, peace, joy, strength, and innumerable blessings from my Father in Heaven. As I have worked on being obedient. 
God's love is real and I testify of the reality of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment