Posts

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Turn Around

Hi Again!
I just wanted to say thanks for all of the love, comments, and support I've on my blog!
It means so much because it helps me know that I am making a difference in someone's day. We can be the difference to so many people. It also helps me know that I am doing what I am suppose to be doing in reaching out and sharing the gospel. Which is something I love and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to do it each and everyday as a missionary.
So I wanted to share a little bit today about repentance, I don't know why. It is just what came to me today.
So imagine that you are a child again. Like 5 or 6 years old. And you have your Dad's favourite whatever... lets say fishing pole. And you break it.
How are you going to feel? Terrified right? So fast forward.
You don't tell your Dad. Why? Because you are scared. You don't want to get in trouble, and after all it was an accident. You were just playing, having fun. But in the next few days, you start to feel guilty because you haven't told him. You are just waiting for him to find it. But also hoping that he won't find it because then you would get in trouble. So you try your very hardest to do everything he asks. To follow everything exactly and in good time. so that he will hopefully be less mad when he does find out. You walk on eggshells around him.
That is not a fun feeling, eh?
You want to tell him. but are scared of the consequences. There is truly one way to make this better.
You have to go to him and ask for his forgiveness. Ask that he will understand that it was a mistake.
The only difference in this verses your Father in Heaven is that He already knows what happened. He already knows everything that you did. And thankfully, has patience enough to wait until you come to Him seeking forgiveness, love, and healing.
An image of a chalkboard whereon is written a quote by President Boyd K. Packer: “Just as chalk can be removed … the effects of … transgression can be erased.”
I know that our Father in Heaven has a great desire for us to turn to Him and ask Him for the things we need. If He did not then He wouldn't have sent His Son, Jesus Christ for us. And Christ would not have endured the sacrifice that He did for us. God provided a way from us from the beginning. Now the ball is in our court to do what we will, whether we choose to turn to Him or not.
Repenting can be scary, it can be hard; but it is so worth it! We don't have to hold onto the feelings of guilt, shame, sorrow, or fear. We can find true and lasting healing through Christ. I know that this is true because I have felt it. It is the most incredible feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment