Posts

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

P-p-prep-aration



Hi-ya!!

So today's post is a little bit of deeper self refection, and I hope it comes out the way I want it to. So please bear with me. :)

So imagine with me:

You are driving in the car with your friends have a wonderful time. You are currently on your way up to a 3 night camping trip.

Life is exciting!!!

And then it happens.

You round the corner, not speeding, but going just slightly to fast; screech, crash, and screams are heard. The back end of the car runs into the barrier, keeping the car from going off the cliff.
Your friend, who is driving, regains control of the car and pulls over to the side of the road.

You pause. Your heart is beating faster than it ever has before. You look around at your friends in tears, everyone is shaken, but ok.

A gray graphic with a quote by Sister Linda S. Reeves: “When all is said and done, what will matter … will be how well we have kept our covenants.”

You and your friends survived, but how do you feel? What thoughts would you have? 
As I have pondered this I have had a couple of thoughts, the main one being, would I have been prepared? 
If I had been called upon at that moment to meet my Father in Heaven, would I have been ready? I was pondering today a question that the prophet Alma, the younger poses, " 26 And now behold, say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, would ask, can ye feel so now?"
Do we do all we can to follow the example of our Saviour, Jesus Christ? In doing all we can do, we are able to be so incredibly blessed. There are so many good things coming to us. It is a difficult journey, but with continued faith it is all able to work out, with and in the Lord's timing. 

We can be prepared, we can do it. But it starts with a seed of faith. 
Are you Ready? 

No comments:

Post a Comment